Monday 3 March 2014

Collection [2000] Lasting Colour Lipstick Review

So it's time for another review! I've been wearing this lipstick a lot recently, and thought that it was time to share my views.



I have this in the colour "Sweet Tart", it's a fairly bright pink but I find that it's very wearable, and you can wear it for day time and night time, with whatever eye look you fancy.

This claims to be very long lasting, saying that it can go all day. I can confirm that once applied properly (Lipliner, 1 layer, blot, second layer) it lasts forever. I wore this to a party last weekend and it was still there they next morning, even after I'd removed all my makeup. I did retouch it a few times during the night, but this probably wasn't really necessary, just a habit!

It's easy to apply, with a lovely consistency. I didn't use a lip brush, I just went straight in with it, but a brush could definitely be used.

There is one slight problem, which is that if your lips are slightly dried and cracked, it highlights the problem, and makes it worse, as it is slightly drying. I would suggest exfoliating your lips thoroughly before using (I recommend brushing them with a toothbrush, or rubbing sugar/bicarb on them) and also using a good lipbalm, I'm enjoying Lipsyl very much right now.

On the whole, I love this product, and for only £2.99 I see myself investing in a whole host more colours!

P.S. Is anyone else confused about the name of this brand now? Seems that sometimes it's still Collection 2000 and other times it's just Collection!

No comments: